Thank you for making the 2015 (Em)Power Breakfast a success!
Watch and share The Voice Inside, the heartwarming film featuring TYWLS students and teachers.
We are grateful to supporters like you who made the 2015 (Em)Power Breakfast a great success!
On October 15, 2015, more than 700 guests joined us in celebrating the more than 2,200 girls served by The Young Women's Leadership Schools (TYWLS) in New York City this year.
The 2015 (Em)Power Breakfast honored our students and their achievements. We are grateful to this year's honorees for representing the confidence and determination we cultivate in every TYWLS girl. Our honorees included:
| Kimberley Hatchett, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
| Yara Shahidi, Actress (Black-ish), Philanthropist and Scholar
| Sherrie Westin, Executive Vice President of Global Impact and Philanthropy, Sesame Workshop
| Fabrizio Freda "The Man We Love", President and Chief Executive Officer, The Estée Lauder Companies
As we look ahead to the 2015-2016 school year, your ongoing support will continue empowering our students to fulfill their learning and leadership potential! Here's how you can make this possible:
Make a gift - Visit our donate page here.
Share our story - Watch and share The Voice Inside, the heartwarming film featuring TYWLS students and teachers.
On behalf of the more than 2,200 students served by The Young Women’s Leadership Schools, thank you for investing in their futures!
- Idina Menzel, Tony Award-winning Broadway star
- Dina Powell, President of the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Anna Quindlen, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Andrew Farkas, Island Capital Group
- Malala Yousafzai, education advocate
- Abigail Disney, filmmaker and philanthropist
- Tory Burch, fashion designer and philanthropist
- Jordan Roth, Jujamcyn Theaters
- Tina Brown, The Daily Beast
- Susan Lyne, Gilt Groupe
- Kevin Roberts, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Ann Shoket, Seventeen Magazine
- Stephanie Drescher, Apollo Management LLP
- Peter G. Peterson, Blackstone and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Judith Rodin, the Rockefeller Foundation
- Richard Beattie, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Jill Beraud, PepsiCo
- Harold Ford Jr., Bank of America/Merrill Lynch
- Caryn Seidman Becker, Clear
- Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York
- Phebe Farrow Port, Estee Lauder
- Edith Cooper, Goldman Sachs
- Barry Weiss, RCA/Jive
- Thelma Golden, the Studio Museum in Harlem
- Nancy Peretsman, Allen & Company
- The Starr Foundation
- Joel Klein, Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education