Thank you for making the 2014 (Em)Power Breakfast a success!
We are grateful to supporters like you who made the 2014 (Em)Power Breakfast a success!
On October 15, 2014, more than 600 guests joined us in celebrating the more than 2,200 girls served by The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS) in New York City this year.
The 2014 (Em)Power Breakfast honored our students and their achievements. We are grateful to this year’s honorees for representing the confidence and determination we cultivate in every TYWLS girl. The 2014 Breakfast honored:
- Idina Menzel, Tony Award-winning Broadway star and Golden Globe and Academy Award-nominated singer
- Dina Powell, President of the Goldman Sachs Foundation, Global Head of the Office of Corporate Engagement, and Head of Goldman Sachs Bank USA's Urban Investment Group
- Anna Quindlen, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and bestselling author
- And "The Man We Love:" Andrew Farkas - Chairman and CEO of Island Capital Group
They join a group of distinguished past honorees and supporters of YWLN’s (Em)Power Breakfast.
As we look ahead to the 2014-2015 school year, your support will empower our students to fulfill their learning and leadership potential! Here’s how you can make this possible:
Make a gift
Visit our donate page here.
Share our story
Watch and share Where We Come From, the heartwarming film featuring TYWLS students and alumnae.
(Em)Power our students
On behalf of the more than 2,200 students served by The Young Women’s Leadership Schools, thank you for investing in their futures!
- Idina Menzel, Tony Award-winning Broadway star
- Dina Powell, President of the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Anna Quindlen, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Andrew Farkas, Island Capital Group
- Malala Yousafzai, education advocate
- Abigail Disney, filmmaker and philanthropist
- Tory Burch, fashion designer and philanthropist
- Jordan Roth, Jujamcyn Theaters
- Tina Brown, The Daily Beast
- Susan Lyne, Gilt Groupe
- Kevin Roberts, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Ann Shoket, Seventeen Magazine
- Stephanie Drescher, Apollo Management LLP
- Peter G. Peterson, Blackstone and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Judith Rodin, the Rockefeller Foundation
- Richard Beattie, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Jill Beraud, PepsiCo
- Harold Ford Jr., Bank of America/Merrill Lynch
- Caryn Seidman Becker, Clear
- Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York
- Phebe Farrow Port, Estee Lauder
- Edith Cooper, Goldman Sachs
- Barry Weiss, RCA/Jive
- Thelma Golden, the Studio Museum in Harlem
- Nancy Peretsman, Allen & Company
- The Starr Foundation
- Joel Klein, Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education